Many of you already have websites which are (hopefully) integrated with your offline advertising channels (radio, billboard, newspaper, magazines, direct mail), and you probably generate a substantial part of your traffic and leads through this channel.
What if I were to tell you that Google has made a game changing, strategic move that could reduce your online leads, traffic and profits considerably within the next 2 – 5 years if you do NOT pay attention to the implications of that move?
Google spent $12.5Billion last year to acquire Motorola Mobility, and this acquisition was so strategically important that Google spent more than 41% of it’s free cash for the deal. Now, why would Google bet almost half its cash to make this deal? Is this acquisition telling you something about the future of the internet that WILL have a profound impact on your business if you ignore it? Note that, Google almost OWNS the internet today, but was willing to bet nearly half of its cash to get into the mobile app design solutions playing field!
Do you want to bet your businesses’ future against Google’s signal that the world is going mobile?
To understand why, consider these facts:
The Whole World Is Going MOBILE!
- There are 5.2Billion mobile phones worldwide and growing rapidly
- There are 1.1billion smart phones worldwide and growing rapidly
- About 80% of US households have mobile phones
- In the US, about 25% of mobile web users are mobile ONLY!
- A whopping 10% of Google’s page views are mobile
- About 83% of people go online to find a business
Bottom Line: Mobile apps are now replacing web sites. And if you are not thinking about or taking steps TODAY to integrate your existing websites with mobile, you will slowly find yourself out of business!
So What Do You Do?
Fortunately for the small to medium sized business person, there is still time to act, even though the window is fast closing! There are a few, affordable, scalable and functionally powerful; cross platform mobile app solutions on the market for you.
What Features MUST You Look For In Your App?
- Your App Must Have Cross Platform Capability – Must work on iPhones, iPads, Android, Windows, BlackBerry and if you can afford it, Kindle and Nook!
- Push Notification – This feature allows you to send unlimited offers/coupons to ALL your customers who have opted to download your app ( at NO additional charge)!
- And by the way, the open rate on push notifications is 97% within 5 minutes, vs. only 4% for emails and even lower for newsletters!
- GPS Direction – One tap by your customer; and directions to your business is displayed!
- Quick Response (QR) Coupons – Can be used to download your apps and also as a ‘frequent buyer” card similar to the paper cards used by coffee shops, etc
- Tap To Call – One tap, and device calls your business, no more fumbling to find a # and dial
- Tap To Email – For your newsletter, etc
- Mobile Ordering Platform – Should integrate with your existing platform (if you already have one)
- Shopping Cart Feature – Should integrate with your existing platform
- Mobile Reservation – Should integrate with your existing platform
Finally, WHY Should You Consider Getting An APP?
Your current and/or future customers comprise the majority of the ‘untethered” consumer. Whoever is in their pockets (via smart phone app), will COMMAND their attention, loyalty and $$$ dollars!
- Their smart phone are within reach 24/7
- 97% of them will open/read your messages/coupons or offers within 5 minutes, vs. only 4% for email (within 24hrs)
- It Is A Question Of ROI And Profitability- Your app will help you better integrate and tie together ALL your online and offline marketing channels. and reduce your advertising seepage!
- Your websites must be integrated and connected to your mobile apps.
- You will reduce advertising expense seepage, and with the same amount of ad spend, you should expect to get more customers, keep your existing customers coming back more often and buying more often from you.
- An app allows you to have a one on one intimate communication with your customers
- Constant Branding – You are right ON your customers’ smart mobile device 24/7!
For more information about how you can take advantage of this mobile app design solution marketing tool for your business contact firstname.lastname@example.org